jueves, 7 de agosto de 2008

Salteña

Salteña is a traditional Bolivian food, much like an empanada but it's baked rather than fried. They are filled with chicken or meat and are very juicy, you have to tip it as you eat it so that it doesn't leak. It is usually eaten in the morning, around 10 or 11, between breakfast and lunch. This week at Boliviano Holandes, the doctors have invited me to eat salteña with them which is nice because we get to interact outside of the hospital, it's a nice little break in the day. They are so sweet and easy to talk to, it's wonderful working with people that you relate to on a personal level.

4 comentarios:

Gaby dijo...

wow. you're making me hungry!!!! wish i were there to enjoy it with you, my love! (ps. your blogs should be made into a book! for serious...)

Gaby dijo...

but darling, you're not too lonely over there, are you? i mean, i know you like them... but talking to them... should i be worried?????

Anónimo dijo...

Umm, sounds scrumtious...bring the recipe home and we'll have an empanada and salteña cook-off. You and Grandma Ana will do the honors!!!umm-umm Good.

Anónimo dijo...

here's my sight, just so you can keep tabs on me too.

mamaspider.blogspot.com

PS...Alex thinks I'm on the computer too much. She says, "Mom, mom, you're turning into me, you know." Is that all that bad?