domingo, 20 de julio de 2008

Jovita

I have a new goal. I want to get the phone numbers of the nurses I work with each week. I am two for two so far. I met Jovita at Los Andes, she is such a sweet girl. She took Alex and me out dancing, it was...interesting. At the first club we visited, the people lined up in two lines. You face your partner but do not touch. Also, by some silent agreement, everyone knew the moves to songs that used to be popular in 1994. We left, feeling a bit too old for that establishment. The other place we went to was also interesting. I danced with this 70 year old man named Juan who worked for the mayor or some such thing. He and his company kept praising Evo Morales, tourism, America, and how much they loved Alex and me. I doubt we have a future, but he sure could get down and dance, as Alex will unfortunately not let me forget. Jovita has also introduced me to an organization that assists orphans and street children, where I plan to teach English lessons starting Tuesday. She is such a sweet girl and a true friend.

1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...

Hey Yvie,
Ron and I have been reading your blogs and we LOVE them. They are so interesting. Sounds like you are having a wonderful experience, though I'm sad to hear you don't want to give birth now. I promise it's not that bad and you totally forget about it once you see the little baby!
Keep writing!
xoxo
Ellie
ps, I'll send you that recipe some day :)