sábado, 26 de julio de 2008

My roommates

Thursday night Casey, Alex and I went to this Argentine restaurant. Just when I thought the food here couldn’t get better. The waiter was such a classy guy, and he looked like a movie star. The food was really good, especially the bread which came with four kinds of dip. It was nice having dinner just the three of us. This roommate situation is marvelous. We are all so different but I love just talking with them, Casey and Alex are such smart, funny, engaging fascinating people. I’m so glad they are here with me. I’m learning so much from them. Good friends share experiences and great friends make them. No doubt, they’re great. We got ice cream afterwards at Dumbo, it’s like Bent Spoon meets Mitchell’s. In other words, it’s also great. I finally remembered to take a picture of the mural on the Prado. It’s a work in progress and it’s awesome. I saw a Cholita working on it during the day, and boy do I wish I had a trace of artistic ability with a paint brush. I know that I maxed out with eyeliner. The graffiti here is cool, mostly religious and political, but all very positive. My favorites are the bible passages on Puente de Americas and the random Te Amo messages on side streets.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Hey, just because I'm not in Bolivia doesn't mean I don't have MY OWN favorite personal graffiti, OK?!!!!
I LOVE KRIS...LOVE KRIS...I LOVE KRIS...I LOVE KRIS...LOVE KRIS...I LOVE KRIS...I LOVE KRIS...LOVE KRIS...I LOVE KRIS...