jueves, 24 de julio de 2008

Veronica

Yesterday was wonderful, the best day so far, no doubt. My health is improving and I’m actually adjusting to the altitude, which is really exciting, as it should be. We always learn so much from Dr. Velasco, he is so kind and such a great mentor. In the afternoon, Fernando and I browsed around for teaching supplies for English classes, but it’s really expensive! I decided to wait it out and it was a good thing too because after meeting with the program director, it became abundantly clear that I just don’t have enough time here to teach an effective class. That day, we had dinner at a Thai place, which was fancy, expensive and delicious. The waiter wore a tux and had the deepest voice I’ve ever heard. Actually, it was funny. I had shrimp in a coconut lime sauce and my new favorite wine, Campos de Solana. It’s very grapey and not too strong. You can tell I’m a true connoisseur from that description. Anyways, we went to a jazz club after dinner. Bolivian jazz is awesome! The club was called Thelonius, imagine that! Mom, aren’t you glad you forced me to take piano? I loved it so much, and the singer came over to our table later to chat with us while the band took a break. She was from Canada, like Kristen (= automatic love connection) and her name was Veronica! (= another automatic love connection.) She lived in Canada for 20 years and moved back to Bolivia because she needed anarchy instead of the 9 to 5 life in Canada. She had a really sultry voice and was a very interesting person. I can’t get over the fact that she shares my sister’s name. We were the only people in the club for most of the night; the bartender gave us free drinks as a thanks for coming on a Tuesday. After we got home, Alex and I stayed up late talking about life, love, friendship. It was a good night.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Matt Kiroff es el que estaria absolutamente orgulloso pues el fue el que nos introduccio a el maestro de jass Thelonius Monk que la majoria del mundo escucha como: The loneliest monk..jajaja.
besos.