sábado, 26 de julio de 2008

Night Life

Friday afternoon was Ben’s birthday. We went to Café Beirut for some food and then headed out to this bar called Utopia. It was radical. The bar was a little more than a hole in the wall, but it was a really funky place. It was very dim, only 5 candles lit the two small rooms. The candle holders were these iron cast mini skeletons of horses, people, and dragons. There was a 10 page drink menu, but since I drink red wine and since there is only one type of wine, my life is pretty easy. There were 2 fish tanks, each with one enormous fish in them. The fish were the size of a bicycle tire and very scary looking in the glow of the candlelight. I would be sipping my drink and forget they were floating there and then turn my head to see this giant fish staring back at me. After Utopia, we went to a disco, the first proper dancing place I’ve been to since arriving. It was awesome; they played a mixture of Spanish and American rock and hip hop. The whole CFHI bunch was all together because it was Ben’s birthday and we were the only white people in the club. I’m sure we looked funny, but I was having so much fun I didn’t notice. The other really nice thing about Bolivia is that you have everything you want close to home. This dance club is two blocks from my house, as is the bar and the café in which I am writing this journal. I can’t believe it’s been three weeks, it feels like so much less.

No hay comentarios: